Jane’s McGOBBLER Is HERE NOW for THANKSGIVING
1 lb lean ground turkey
Stuffing for 4 patties
4 Brioche Rolls Crispy fried onions (make or buy packaged)
Salt & Pepper (to taste) Instructions
1. Make four (4) turkey patties.
Add salt & pepper (to taste). Fry until 165 degrees or all pink is gone.
2. Using store bought stuffing mix. Follow direction to make enough for 4 small patties. (I used 1 cup of stuffing mix). After the stuffing is made, form 4 patties (make them to fit the burgers). Fry to golden brown. Remove from pan.
3. Make the cranberry sauce (see recipe) or buy whole cranberry sauce.
4. To construct the burger: open bun, on bottom section add cooked turkey burger, layer in 2 TBL of sauce, add a stuffing patty, a little more sauce, then the fried onions and top with roll. ENJOY your McGobbler!
SECRET CRANBERRY SAUCE
½ bag fresh cranberries
2 mandarin oranges, peeled & sectioned
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup Splenda or other sugar-free sweetener
1/3 cup water or orange juice
1. In small saucepan add cranberries, oranges, sugars and water or OJ.
2. Bring to boil, stir then lower heat and cook until sauce is thickened (about 15 minutes). Occasionally stir to avoid burning the sauce at the bottom of pan.
3. The sauce will thicken more as it cools.